Thursday, January 21, 2010

in the potty throws


Just because I have nothing better to do with 3 plus weeks left to go of this pregnancy & just felt like being stuck at home, Cameron decided the other night he was ready to start with potty training.

Of course I realize the benefits in the long run & need to follow his lead and initiation, and that this is great as it means I will only have 1 in diapers instead of 2, but its just so MUCH WORK! He is doing great & I am very proud of him, so I am rolling with it & trying to appreciate the fact he only wants to wear big boy underwear.

But sitting in the bathroom with him for 20-30 minute stretches coaxing him to pee, which I have done 7 times already today and its not even 1pm, is slaying me!
My full term pregnancy body can only handle so much!!

4 comments:

Bradi said...

OMW! good for you. I think I'd have bagged it after 15 min of squeezing myself into the tiny half bath.
Keep us posted!

Krista said...

I hate, hate, hate the potty training stage! Good luck with that. And I would have bagged it after 5 minutes...I just don't have the patience for it...could be why my kids were all over 3 when they were finally trained. :)

Mindy said...

I'm working with our 2 year old right now and am about ready to throw in the towel. yesterday 20 minutes on the potty only to have him get off and then pee on the floor. today a full hour reading books and playing games with nothing to show for it. ugh. Can't imagine what it's like when you're prego! good luck!

scutler said...

We've been semi-potty trained since this summer (since I lack the necessary fortitude to go all the way). This means she does great at day-care (go figure!), does #2 for me, and wears pull-ups most of the time. I'm actually okay with this state for some reason...so good luck!