Friday, April 2, 2010

"Fusspot"


Lindsey Elizabeth aka "Fusspot"

7 weeks today!
I thank God everyday for her, but phew.... she is my hardest baby yet. By 'yet', I mean my final baby, as my parents have threatened to permanently leave the country if I have a 4th :-)

I think, and I say this very lightly, but I think we are hopefully turning a small corner with her after a rough few weeks.
Since I last blogged, she was put on Zantac for acid reflux. After a week of that medicine and it not making a lick of difference, we switched her to Prevacid, after several recommendations from friends who have traveled down this acid reflux road with their babies.

During our time in Phoenix we endured a lot of unexplained screaming, which as a parent is extremely hard to watch/listen to especially when all soothing techniques don't seem to work. But after a week and a half of the new medicine, she seems to be doing a bit better even though sometimes I question whether she somewhat meets the definition of a colicky baby.
I am hesitant to say it though, as we definitely still have our challenging moments.

But as she continues to grow and get older she will hopefully sort herself out and become a calmer & happier baby. After all, she is the third child, aren't they just supposed to be easy going & flexible? Either way, we will keep her as she is such a blessing in our lives!

No comments: